April 16, 2012
On April 3, Royal LePage, a well-known fixture in Canada’s brand landscape, officially unveiled a new identity for its Commercial program. Designed by Parcel, the mark is inspired by the legacy of the Royal LePage brand, but in a way that is distinctly business-oriented.
“The new identity opens the door for Royal LePage, already a leader in residential real estate in Canada, to make a foray back into the commercial sector, with a clear focus on our expertise in the “mid-market” segment,” explains Melissa Santiago, Marketing Manager, Royal LePage. “It was created as a complement to the existing Royal LePage brand to instantly communicate the expertise of commercial practitioners.”
The design pays tribute to a part of Royal LePage’s history in the commercial market. Commercial Real Estate services have long been part of the Royal LePage story, which began with the founding of the company in 1913 by Albert Edward (A.E.) LePage. In 1999, when Royal LePage became a wholly owned subsidiary of Brascan Corporation (now Brookfield Asset Management), the residential and commercial brokerage operations were separately incorporated. Through the early 2000s, Royal LePage Commercial Inc. grew to become Canada’s leading full-service commercial real estate firm with 520 employees. In 2005, Cushman & Wakefield Inc. acquired the license to operate Royal LePage Commercial Inc. until 2010.
To launch the new brand to Royal LePage’s national network of brokerages and REALTORS®, Parcel worked collaboratively with the Royal LePage marketing team to develop a series of customizable brochures, sales sheets, signage and presentation materials. A brand standards was developed to guide the team through the development of marketing materials – so it appears consistently across the country.